- ISBN13: 978-1-484202-09-8
- 768 Pages
- User Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Publication Date: December 10, 2014
- Available eBook Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
Learn iOS 8 App Development is both a rapid tutorial and a useful reference. You’ll quickly get up to speed with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iOS 8 SDK. It’s an all-in-one getting started guide to building useful apps. You’ll learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient and perform well, earning positive reviews on the iTunes App Store, and driving better search results and more revenue.
The iOS 8 SDK offers powerful new features, and this book is the fastest path to mastering them—and the rest of the iOS SDK —for programmers with some experience who are new to iPhone and iPad app development. Many books introduce the iOS SDK, but few explain how to develop apps optimally and soundly. This book teaches both core Objective-C language concepts and how to exploit design patterns and logic with the iOS SDK, based on Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch framework.
Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code iPhone and iPad apps when this book will show you how to do things the right way from the start?
- Get an accelerated treatment of the core fundamentals of Objective-C.
- Develop your first app using Xcode’s advanced interface design tools.
- Build your first iPhone app using the code that you’re given as you walk through this book.
- Finally, debug and distribute your first app on Apple’s iTunes App Store.
Learn how to create apps for any model of iPhone, the iPod Touch, the iPad, or build universal apps that run on all of them. After reading this book, you’ll be creating professional quality apps, ready to upload to the app store, making you the prestige and the money you seek!
What you’ll learn
- Develop simple to moderately complex iOS apps.
- Add sound and iPod music playback, the camera, and photos to your app.
- Connect your app to the world through internet services, peer-to-peer networking, social networking, and cloud synchronization.
- Plug into the latest mobile technologies: maps, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- Polish your apps with elegant animation and effortless navigation.
- Improve your app’s quality with core design patterns and best programming practices.
Who this book is for
This book requires no prior iPhone or iOS app coding experience, but some comfort with programming in general is assumed.
Table of Contents
1. Got Tools
2. Boom, App!
3. Spin a Web
4. Coming Events
5. Table Manners
6. Object Lesson
8. Model Citizen
9. Sweet Music
10. Got Views?
11. Draw Me a Picture
12. There and Back Again
13. Sharing is Caring
14. Game On
15. If You Build It
16. Apps With Attitude
17. Where Are You?
18. Remember Me?
19. Document Storage
20. See Swift, See Swift Run
Downloads are available to accompany this book.