By Fabio Nelli
- ISBN13: 978-1-484208-63-2
- 268 Pages
- User Level: Beginner
- Publication Date: November 19, 2014
- Available eBook Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
Create Web Charts with jqPlot shows how to convert your data into eye-catching, innovative, animated, and highly interactive browser-based charts. This book is suitable for developers of all experience levels and needs: for those who love fast and effective solutions, you can use the jqPlot library to generate charts with amazing effects and animations using only a few lines of code.
By the end of the book, you will have a good knowledge of all the elements needed to manage data from every possible source, from high-end scientific instruments to Arduino boards, from simple HTML tables to structured JSON files, and from Matlab calculations to reports in Excel. You will be able to provide cutting-edge charts exploiting the growing power of modern browsers.
- Create all kinds of charts using the latest technologies available on browsers
- Full of step-by-step examples, Create Web Charts with jqPlot introduces you gradually to all aspects of chart development, from the data source to the choice of which solution to apply.
- This book provides a number of tools that can be the starting point for any project requiring graphical representations of data, whether using commercial libraries or your own
What you’ll learn
- Learn the jqPlot basics.
- Discover which charts can best represent your data.
- Switch from a vision of a chart sent from a server as a static image to a highly dynamic one, in which the user is able to interact in real time.
- Perform input data manipulation to increase chart readability.
Who this book is for
Create Web Charts with jqPlot is for developers at all levels interested in data visualization, and ready to embrace modern web standards and animate and display their data with powerful, cutting-edge technologies.
Table of Contents
- Charting Technology Overview
- jQuery Basics
- Introducing jqPlot
- Line Charts with jqPlot
- Bar Charts with jqPlot
- Pie Charts and Donut Charts with jqPlot
- Candlestick Charts with jqPlot
- Scatter Charts and Bubble Charts with jqPlot
- Funnel Charts with jqPlot
- Adding Controls to Charts
- Embedding jqPlot Charts in jQuery Widgets
- Handling Input Data
- App A: Guidelines for the Examples in the Book
- App B: jqPlot Plugins
Downloads are available to accompany this book.