Now apps can be created for Apple Watches as Apple has announced the beta SDK for Apple Watches and Apple is launching Apple Watches early 2015.
Now you can start creating experiences for Apple Watch that reimagine, extend, and enhance the functionality of your iPhone apps. Learn how your existing app notifications can easily show up on Apple Watch, and how to leverage WatchKit to take your apps even further with WatchKit apps, Glances, and actionable notifications.
- Learn more about WatchKit (Following is a summary snap from this link)
- Get your iPhone app ready for Apple Watch.
- Create WatchKit apps.
WatchKit provides three opportunities to extend your iPhone app to Apple Watch: WatchKit apps, Glances, and actionable notifications
WatchKit Apps. Your app on Apple Watch contains a full user interface. Users can launch, control, and interact with your app in ways unique to Apple Watch.
Glances. You can provide users with timely read-only information that they care about with a Glance — a quick and lightweight view of your app.
Actionable Notifications.Actionable notifications built and designed with WatchKit let users take action right from their wrists.
- View the Getting Started with WatchKit video.
- Design and Development Resources
- Download Apple Watch Design Resources
- Apple Watch Human Interface Guidelines
Xcode 6.2 with iOS 8.2 SDK beta includes WatchKit for building apps, Glances, and notifications for Apple Watch.
- WatchKit Resources
- Sharing and Embedded Frameworks Resources